Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken

Slow cookers are becoming all the rage again, and I totally understand why it's so necessary to have your go to slow cooker recipes. When you are off to work and don't want to deal with dinner when you come home, it's just so nice to open the door and smell your dinner that's already cooked! It's almost as good as coming home and seeing your husband surprise you by cooking dinner; I said almost. Guys, it's still necessary to surprise your wives with that gift ;)
Nonetheless, I wanted to try out another recipe for my slow cooker (Crockpot), and I decided to look towards the help of Lipton Secrets. I decided upon the Chipotle-Lime Chicken mainly because it made use of my chipotle chile pepper! Man that stuff tastes soooo good.

This chicken was so tender and delicious. My sous chef and I decided that we'd like a little more spice and be able to taste the lime flavor a little more. Thus, I think, if I made this again, I'd double the amount of chipotle chile pepper and perhaps add some lime zest upon serving.
Make plans to set this recipe, head to work, forget it, and come home to savory chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin