Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Red and Green Winter Stoup

I'm not really one for soups or stews, but, for some reason, when I saw this recipe, I just had to make it!

I was getting pretty tired of looking through the recipes in the cookbooks I have, so I was begging Henry for a new cookbook. We were going to get the Biggest Loser cookbook, but there just were not enough recipes in that book. It was a pretty cool book though.

Nonetheless, we ended up getting Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.

I just love that it is chunked FULL of recipes that, for the most part, look really good! We went straight to the store and bought food for the first few recipes, and this stoup was the first thing that I made. This is really good! I did half the recipe though, and there was enough for leftovers the next day for lunch.

You can find the recipe here: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/30-minute-meals/red-and-green-winter-stoup-recipe/article.html

A few notes on the recipe that I can help with follow. Now, I'm sure homemade roasted red peppers would be better for this recipe, but I just buy the jar of roasted red peppers. You can eyeball about how much would equal what you need. Also, we ended up using Parmesan cheese on the bread because we couldn't find the Asiago in the grocery store that day. I know they have it somewhere; perhaps they were out.
Hurry up! Head to the store and get the ingredients. You will love this stoup :)

1 comment:

  1. Krista - this sounds yummy! I will have to make it soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin