Friday, February 12, 2010

Cajun Chicken Alfredo and 100th Post!


I can't believe it's true, but this is really my 100th post! I'm extremely excited to share this delicious recipe that the sous chef and I shared with friends who both raved about this pasta. I think all of us went back fro seconds...I think. Oh wait...did I say four of us shared this recipe?! I meant 4 and one on the way!

Nope, it's not me. Our guests are expecting :) Anyway, this recipe continues in my Guy Fieri recipe week.

Ingredients

4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup blackening spice (recommended: Paul Prudhomme's Chicken)

(Krista Kooks made her own blackening spice)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine
3 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound cooked fettuccine
1/2 cup sliced scallions


Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat. Blacken both sides of the chicken and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Slice in strips on the bias and set aside.

In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken slices. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.


When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.

Nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
As I've mentioned in previous recipes that require a spice mix, I really think you should just make your own. If you bought a blackening spice, there's always that chance that you'd use the spice for the one recipe and forget about it. Plus, with this recipe, so much of the spice is needed that you'd probably have to buy more than one container depending on it's size. Thus, just do a google search for a blackening spice that you like, and make one cup of that to work for this recipe.

Each of the four of us were RAVING about this recipe, and my sous chef is dying for me to make it again. I hope the pictures do it justice because it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin