Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Homemade Pizza

Henry has never, in over 4 years together, had my homemade pizza. So, I finally decided to make it for him. Now, I don't make pizza the same way every time, but here is how I made it today.

First, for the dough, I used this recipe from the Kitchen Aid Mixer book that the mixer comes with. I really ventured out, I know. Below is someone who has posted the recipe online. It's also good to use corn meal on the pizza pan before putting the crust on it.
Crusty Pizza Dough http://www.recipezaar.com/64860

Then I made the sauce using a tomato sauce recipe from my Fannie Farmer cook book. The recipe has been posted by someone here.
Tomato Sauce http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/2526/tomato-sauce.html

Finally, I had some spinach on hand that I cooked up in a small skillet with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I used my rolling pin to spread out the pizza dough and placed it on my Pampered Chef large stone. I covered it in olive oil and spread cornmeal over the oil. After placing the dough on the stone, I covered the dough with the tomato sauce I cooked.

Also, I took a small glass bowl and poured about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into it. I added the following by eyeing it, but I'm guessing at the amounts that I placed into the glass bowl; Tarragon leaves (1/8 teaspoon), Garlic Powder (1/4 teaspoon), Oregano (1/4 teaspoon), and Paprika (1/8 teaspoon). I mixed together these ingredients and used a basting brush to to spread over the crust of the pizza. I then placed the crust with sauce in the oven for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, I removed the pizza from the oven and added the cheese, pepporoni, Asiago cheese and cooked spinach. The Asiago and spinach were only on one corner of the pizza. See the picture.
I needed to make sure the pepperoni was ok, too.

This is what the pizza looked like after it came out of the oven for 12 minutes!




Now it's time to eat.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin