Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I can make steak!!!

I've been so frustrated in the last 5 or 6 years with making steaks; I just can never get that awesome tender juicy steak to come out when I make them. I seem to be really talented at making a chewy "I need some A1 sauce" steak.


That is, until now :) FINALLY I've made a steak that doesn't need ANY sauce to make it go down. Thanks to many Food Network shows and the great advice from friends Rachel and Patrick, I can now make a steak worth sharing. Oh, I suppose it's also thanks to HEB for running Ribeyes on special. That always helps!


I've finally learned that searing our steaks for just 2 or 3 minutes on each side, then placing the steaks on a baking sheet in the oven for 5 or 6 more minutes prepares the perfect steak. This timing prepares a Medium to Medium Well steak. If you want it to be Well or "Burnt and Scraped" like my mom prefers (Love you Mom!), then just sear it longer on each side and cook it longer in the oven. Below is a picture, but it's not my same presentational pictures. I was just so excited about the steak, I wasn't as concerned with the prettiness of the presentation.

Note: This type of preparation is ideal if you don't have an outdoor grill. Obviously, if we had a grill, I'd have Henry cooking the steaks on that rather than my sissy indoor grill. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin