Thursday, August 27, 2009

Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes

Yesterday, I wanted to make something with items we had on hand. As I browsed some of my favorite blogs, I noticed that Gina had recently made this delicious and fresh spaghetti, and you can see her recipe here. The only thing that I was missing was some fresh basil, so I made an adjustment. I also divided the recipe in half since it was just the sous chef and I. Here's what I did:

Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes

Servings: 2-3

1 skinless chicken breast half, diced in 1 inch cubes
cooking spray
1/4 tsp each of dried oregano and dried basil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
4 oz spaghetti (high fiber or low carb)
1 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dried basil

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.

While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes.

When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese.

I love the way grape tomatoes taste once they've been sauted and cook. They become even sweeter! The sous chef and I really enjoyed this fresh and light spaghetti. Thanks Gina for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin