Monday, June 22, 2009

Mini Italian Meatloaves

Sorry it's been so long peeps! It's been a rough couple of weeks in the Krista Kooks household, but I should be getting back to kitchen more often soon.

That said, last week, as my sous chef and I were trying to be frugal, I decided to try to make something out of as much as I could find from we already had in the house. I noticed that Erin ( from Dinner and Dessert ) made these Mini Italian Meatloaves in February of 08 and loved them. I know how much my hubby likes his comfort food, so I thought this might be a nice treat away from my experimental recipes.

Here is how I cooked the meatloaves which is not very different from how Erin has it on her blog.
1 pound ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 cup marinara sauce, divided (I used a Classico sauce)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste (I used kosher salt)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon parsley
3/4 teaspoon basil
3/4 teaspoon oregano (Oops I used 1/2 a teaspoon too much!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Gently mix 1 cup marinara sauce and remaining ingredients together. Divide into 4 equal size pieces and form into desired shape. Place on greased roasting pan. Pour extra marinara sauce over top of each loaf and top with desired amount of extra cheese. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. (It took 45 minutes for me).

Enjoy these little tastes of heaven! They are definitely a crowd pleaser for the men in your household :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin