Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing

When the sous chef and I got married 2 years ago (March 22nd is our anniversary!), one of the salad dressings at our wedding was Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette.   Here’s a couple pics from that lovely buffet :)Reception-0062Reception-0064Photo Credit: Exceed Photo

Caterer: Behind the Bash

Venue: Briscoe Manor

While I don’t expect to ever be able to match the delicious dressing the chef made, I did try to make something similar because my sous chef LOVES it!  This recipe for Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing was a pretty good one, and I even made it for my in-laws the next time we went to see them.Sun-Dried Tomato Vinagrette Salad 6

It’s somewhat difficult to give you a good picture to accurately represent just how delicious this salad dressing is, but all I can do is try for you :)

Serving Size: About 1 cup

Ingredients:
1/2 cup tomato juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
Salt to taste

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a shaker bottle, and shake well. Drizzle over salad.

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinagrette Salad 2

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! And it's only 1 WW Point for 2 Tbsp! Can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin