Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Greek Beef Tenderloin in Togas with Mediterranean Orzo

Alright, I know it's been a REALLY long time since I provided a recipe and a good one at that. However, I think...eer, I hope...this will make up for my slackerness. It has definitely been a busy time at work with so many bridal shows going on. I'm hoping to get back into my cooking groove.
I have again ventured into Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book, and this recipe is very fun to make and eat. It's like steak all wrapped up in a present! You can find the recipe on Rachel Ray's website as she made it on her daytime show on April 11, 2008. I honestly didn't even know that; I just saw this recipe in the cookbook and decided to make it. Now, if you decide to make this (and you definitely should!) I must warn you that you will have some trouble searching for some of the things in the grocery store. I'm here to help though! :) You don't have to go at this alone. First of all, it calls for beef tenderloin medallions. Um, I don't know about you, but I don't find that next to the ground beef and chuck steak in my grocery store (I love you HEB!). So...Henry and I decided to buy the big T-bones! No, not those teeny flimsy ones; we bought the big thick ones that are over 1" thick. Now, I'm not a meat educated person like my Dad, but here's how I'll explain how to work with this T-bone.

Cut off the small part from the bone and freeze the big part.

How does that work for ya? Haha! Anyway, you also may struggle to find the phyllo dough. It's in the frozen section, I promise. However, it's going to be pretty hard to find. We found it in our grocery store all the way at the end of the aisle and at the bottom of the case. Additionally, we did not make the Greek Salad portion of this recipe. I am not a fan of cucumbers, and Henry doesn't prefer kalamata olives. That said, I know a lot of people that love this Greek Salad combination, so I would make it if you like those ingredients. It would add great flavor to the orzo. Last thing you should know before this post is concluded is that this recipe is yet another one that made use of my ever so terrific Magic Bullet. People always ask me if this thing really works or is worth it, and I can assure you that it is! I used it for this recipe to create the cheese sauce that goes on the tenderloin.

Ok, so, get your list ready, and head to the grocery store. You will definitely have fun making this one, and it's really fun to eat, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin