Friday, February 20, 2009

Jumbo Shrimp with Basil and Mint Pesto

Maybe you are like me and never thought that mint could be part of pesto. I definitely always thought it was basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Well, apparently you can use other things and it can still taste great! This recipe was a tad more expensive than any other night, but to be able to have seafood with your family for probably under $15 is really cool!

I had purchased WAY too much basil at the store and was desperate to find a recipe that used a good amount of basil. Pesto is usually very good about using up a good portion of basil!

Sorry, no pictures of this recipe since I had left my camera in the car and was to lazy to go get it. You'll just have to take my word for it that it was really yummy! I also cooked a half box of rigatoni to accompany the shrimp. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin