Friday, March 27, 2009

Grilled Chicken Salad with Caesar Dressing

Last night, we had our friends Kevin and Melissa over for dinner, and I decided to make some salad. Yea, it was pretty simple. A year ago, when I really started cooking out of Rachel Ray's cookbooks, I began making salad dressings from scratch (per the recipes), and they've always been so much better than Kraft or anything else.

So, I browsed through http://www.foodnetwork.com/ for one of her dressings, and I found this one. Now, I only used the dressing in this recipe. Henry bought some great lettuce mixes at HEB, and I tossed those with this dressing, Parmesan cheese, and croutons. I top the salad with grilled chicken. I used a meat tenderizer to flatten out some boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned them with salt, pepper, and a dash of Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub.

I will say that fresh lemon juice in these types of salad dressing really makes a difference. Spring for the lemons!

I know this sounds really healthy and all, and no doubt it was tasty, but don't worry. We followed it with the remainder of the top layer of Henry and I's red velvet wedding cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin