Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bob Greene's No-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna

Once again, Mrs. Courtney Mayfield contributes her expertise to Krista Kooks!

"The second recipe - No Cheese Vegetable Lasagna, I can give you only my opinion on. Apparently a lasagna without cheese and meat wasn't so appealing to Will, so he decided to hit up Wendy's with a friend instead. I would call this a "health nut" recipe in my house - very well since it is from Oprah's personal trainer, Bob Greene when he made a guest appearance on the show.
It surprised me that though it was all veggie, it was still extremely satisfying. The flavor was great and I did eat a larger looking serving because it doesn't stack more than two layers, but it was really yummy. On the serving note: I wouldn't plan on having more than three servings unless you had a couple of filling sides to accompany. Since it was just me eating, I stopped with the lasagna and said forget the sides.

If you can buy just the amounts of the ingredients that you need, I think this recipe is pretty cost friendly. I was able to buy the nuts, spinach and basil this way and if you plan another marinara meal in the near future, you can split it between two meals as this one only calls for half a jar. I also have enough lasagna noodles left over to make one more dish as well - such as the Broken Florentine Lasagna Bake that Krista posted recently =)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin