Monday, March 2, 2009

Slow Cooker Beef Brisket

So many of us have no time when we come home to make a big meal. For me, it's a hobby, so I definitely don't care, but I know a ton of people that love meals in the Crock-pot. As I mentioned before, I'm trying out Lipton Secrets, and this was the second recipe on my list to try.

Sorry, I don't have pictures because we had our friends Kevin and Melissa over to share it with us :) However, all four of us can definitely attest that this is a great meal! The meat was incredibly tender and juicy. It was also fun for me because I was able to use our crockpot.

If you have a look at the recipe, you can tell that there isn't much to do to prepare. The grocery list for this recipe is pretty short as well. For the tomato paste, I highly suggest searching for the tubes of tomato paste in your grocery store, like this one. This is what we have at our HEB, and I love that I don't have to waste a whole can of tomato paste just for the amount that I need.

Good luck smelling this one! It's going to permeate your home with an amazing smell!

1 comment:

  1. I love slow cooker recipes! For an easy all purpose spice/seasoning, have you tried Paula Deen's House Seasoning? You can buy it from her, or mix it yourself a lot cheaper. She gives the recipe in some of her others. Just combine these three ingr. 1 C. Salt, 1/4 C. Garlic Powder, 1/4 C. Ground Black Pepper. That's it. Mix it good and I keep it in different old spice jars. then in the different ones I add my own variations, like adding onion powder, chili powder, parsley, etc. by using the basic House seasoning, you can add or take away and mix your favorites and always have them on hand. Happy Cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin