Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Elsa's Beef and Burgundy

I was up for a challenge this week in my culinary adventures, so I decide to select a recipe from the longer-than-30-minutes section of my Big Orange Book cookbook.
This recipe is one of Rachael Ray's mother's recipe, and my sous chef and I really liked it. Although, because I cooked therefore he has to clean, my sous chef was not impressed with the cleanup process. Haha! I will say there are a lot of dishes involved in this recipe. If you visit the recipe link, you'll see there is a video of Rachel making this recipe on her daytime show. I noticed a couple of things wrong with the process and order when she did it on the show, but it's not that big of a deal. Just make sure you follow the recipe as you make this tasty dish. I would also suggest halving the recipe, as I did. There's just too much in a whole recipe. Even with halving this recipe, we had enough for two bowls full each and leftovers!
Once the dish was prepared, here's the yummy presentation to the table! Oh, and I am no wine connoisseur, so I used a Pinot Noir in this recipe. I think it works well, but you can tell me what you think when you make this.
My sous chef said he liked the sweet and sour taste of this recipe..."kind of like Chinese," he said. Haha!
If you're up for a challenge and make this, let me know what you think and how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin