Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spring-Summer Ziti

It's cleaning out the pantry time in the Krista Kooks household! I had some frozen peas, asparagus, and lemons that I could stand to use, so I thought this recipe would suit well. Yes, I did have to buy some ingredients, but it's all stuff that got used in this recipe. I resorted back to the Big Orange Book from Rachel Ray.
I didn't know until about 5 minutes ago that she has actually made this recipe on her daytime TV show! Thus, you can actually watch the video of her making this recipe to get a better idea of the recipe before you make it. However, when you are reading the recipe, I noticed she left out the lemon zest that appears in her cookbook. I think the lemon zest adds great flavor, and I would actually suggest more than appears in the recipe. It calls for 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to the mixture when it looks like this.

I think, personally, you should add 2 teaspoons, or even the zest of a whole lemon. It really adds a great tang to the ziti without being overpowering. For a baking pan, I would suggest you bake this recipe in a 9x13 pan because there is a large mass of food in this recipe; tasty food though :)

Enjoy this recipe because it is absolutely delicious! We ate it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin